Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Convertible
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I have had this mustang for over 25 years and project got stalled when my son was born. He's in college now. It was originally a base yellow 302 automatic. The previous owner painted it red. Four wheel non assist drum brakes were scary when I brought it home. I installed the Boss 302 Trans Am brake set up in the front and Lincoln Versailles rear end for rear disks. Replaced the auto with 4 speed top loader trans. Switched the 2 something rear end gears to 3:50's. It is my 6th 1970 Mustang, I have had 4 Mach 1's and a Boss 302. All of the Mach 1's were 351 Cleveland powered. This Wednesday it went into the shop for paint, suspension, motor, trans, rewiring and more. I will be dropping in on the shop now and then and will post the progress. The suspension is going to be Street and Track coilovers in front and Total Control 4 link in the back. Prestige Motorsport Inc. built the 363 Clevor Boss 302 style engine. Interior has been upgraded to Mach 1 / Shelby style. Posting progress so far.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Engineering
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Steering part
Vehicle White Light Motor vehicle Speedometer
Light Motor vehicle Car Steering wheel Gauge
Automotive lighting Wood Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Locking hubs Vehicle brake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts