Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrome moulding on side of roof attached to boomerang. how do i remove it without ruining it/ Thanks Ralph

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
have seen post on Forum that you can use a beer bottle opener wrapped with a little cloth - haven't done it yet myself. i would be very careful because you can bend it quite easliy form looks of it. also, Laurie S on Forum just did hers and you might PM her on how to do it.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Get yourself a bottle opener...you need one of those small metal ones with the flat end. Wrap some duct tape or something similar around it so it doesn't mar/dent/bend the trim. Now, start at the back, with the window down or door open because the other end of the bottle opener is going to be pointing inside the car. Stick the little tab on the opener under the trim and start prying it up a little bit at a time for the first few inches of trim working your way toward the front of the car. You may have to bend the rear most part of the trim to get things started. Once you get the first few inches of the trim to pop loose, the rest is easy. Carefully pry with the bottle opener and pull the trim away from the car with you other hand. This part won't take much force if everything is going right. It's those first few inches that are a pain.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I agree with Mike except that part about starting from the back. The back slips under that small corner SS transition piece, and prevents it from popping off. Start at the front of the car, and work your way back, finishing by sliding the drip rail out from the transition clip.

I found this out from trying to install mine before I had installed that transition piece. It would NOT stay on. Once I put that piece on, and started installing the rail from the back, it snapped on without a hitch!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts