Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a brake pedal for my power brakes, manual trans for my 70FB. I believe this is a one year only part. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You are correct 70 only, they moved the brake rod pin to accommodate the the straight rod out of the booster vs the curved down rod for 67-69. is your car currently an auto with power brakes or a manual with non power brakes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, my car is currently a manual trans with power brakes. Based on my research last night, my options appear to be:
1) find a 70 pedal (locating a manual unlikely), auto trans pedal and trim the foot piece
2) convert my new booster to the 69, pedals are a dime a dozen
Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
tom, so your car has a manual trans and power brakes but you are looking for the same pedal? or are you completely missing the clutch pedal?

before i trimmed an auto pedal down i'd transfer the manual brake manual trans pedal pad(the metal part on the arm) to the auto power arm. i have never seen a trimmed a/t pedal keep the rubber pedal cover on. when you cut the a/t pedal you cut through the recess in the middle of the metal pedal pad and then you dont have the edge area for that side of the rubber pad to grab to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That may work out better! Once I have a pedal in hand I'll be able to make an informed decision. Only one pedal, an auto, on Ebay right now. I appreciate the insight. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
215 Posts
Tom , I took my 70 manual brake - 3spd , brake pedal and cut the foot pad off, and welded it on to a 70 power brake auto trans power brake pedal arm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts