Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size of the front and rear anti-sway bars on a 70 Mach 1 351C with Competition Handling option? The front measures approx 15/16 th or 7/8 and the rear measures 1/2. I thought the rear should be a 5/8 bar. Both are stock. Can't find my micrometer so I am measuring with a cheap set of calipers.

Mark Memmer
70 Calypso Coral Mach 1 351C 4V Completed by 8/01
98 Cobra Convertible
93 5.0 Mustang LX (Winter Ride)
00 Volvo S80 (Wifes Ride)

G

·
0 Posts
Mark - 1/2" in the rear sounds about right. I really don't think it's 5/8". I too have never miked my sway bars, but I am quite certain the rear is 1/2". Definitely too small in my opinion....But when your after originality, who cares, right?!?

BTW - Do you think you could get me the specs on your exhaust tips? I'm frantically trying to come up with an alternate solution - I'm at that point where it's one of the last things I need to do to finish up my resto. If you wan't just post your reply here. I think there's about five fellow mach owners on the VMF who are in the same boat I am! Thanks! Chris

70 Mach 1 (351C 4V 4-speed) I've been restoring since '96. 95% complete. Also have a '68 HT (289 2-speed) that I restored between '97-98 and is FOR SALE! The VMF has proven to be an invaluable resource for information, humor and excellent advice.

G

·
0 Posts
I found them on a chart that shows your front to be 15/16" part #C9ZZ-5482-E. Doesn't specify the rear diameter but the part # isDOOZ-5486-A according to this.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
As for the exhaust tips, I checked out the aftermarket garbage tips at PepBoys. They had a set of rolled edge flat ovals in chrome. They fit up to 2 1/8 inch pipes. They are a little too rounded to be identifical to Ford tips, which are more rectangular with shaped corners. Perhaps these would be close enough to get you by, as long as you don't have concourse judging. good luck. Oh yeah, Megs brand has some which are truly flat ovals, but they do not have rolled tips.

sure it's fun, but it's only a car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts