Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain to me or show me in some way, how to remove the rear window molding from my car? I want to replace it with new trim.
Lee

·
Registered
611 Posts
They make a tool just for this pupose.About 8.00 bucks at your favorite auto parts house.It's just a flat peice of metal with a hook shape in one end and a handle on the other.Their are 12-15(?) clips holding the moulding on.The idea is to slide the tool under the moulding and move around until you feel it stop on one of the clips.A slight twisting and pulling motion should release the clip.Do all clips the same way.There will be some caulking and trash under the moulding to try to thwart your efforts but it WILL come off.If your not interested in saving the old moulding,Pop a few clips and then pull the moulding parallel to the edge your working on and it should slide off the clips.Where at in NC are you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'll get one of the molding removal tools and try it. I'm in Southern Pines, NC.
Thanks again, Lee

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Here is a pic showing how many clips there are at the bottom. The spacing is similiar all the way around.

http://home.kc.rr.com/garagesaleinc/temp_stuff/moulding.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts