Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out it was real. Owner tried to get a title, they told him the VIN had to be inspected by a cop. He called the cop, the cop called his friend, car sold three hours later. This happned about a week ago just before I even got the lead, so realistically I had zero shot at it. It is already sold to yet a third buyer from Illinois and will be heading north soon.

The real pisser is that the guy who told me about the car was the same guy who told him that getting a title would help sell the car faster. I guess he was right, but only if he hadn't of said that to him.....

It supposedly sold for $7,500 with no engine and some missing parts.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
sounds like my luck

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Does anyone know how many Shelbys are accounted for versus how many were built and how many are known to be destroyed?

It would be interesting to know how many diamonds in the rough are still out there. How many cars can sit around for 30 years? How many people even own a garage for 30 years?

·
Registered
72 Posts
They have something called the Shelby Registry. They have a lot of information about all the shelbys that were built. I think if they have a question mark by them then that car is questionable. Like it could have been rebodided or something like that.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
OH MY GOD, STOP THE PRESSES!!!
you mean to tell me that OD missed out on a barnfind??
what is the world coming to???
I thought you had dibbs on all barnfinds in the U.S.?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I thought I'd bought a 55 T-bird many years ago. Problem was the guy's wife (her car) was transfering the title to the new owner while I was leaving my deposit. The new owner was the friend that informed me the car was for sale. He kept the car for over 20 years and we're still friends. His wife was the most upset because they didn't "need" another old car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know where there is a 69 Shelby GT500KR conv. and a 66 GT350 owned by the same guy since they were new. They both sit inside but need restored. They are both complete and not for sale :(

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Now typical Shelby. Every time that car passes on to the final owner, who will restore it, add another 10,000 -20,000 dollars to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts