Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
4,136 Posts
Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

This is what I found at your links. fd

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I was about to get mad and throw the mouse..... untill i saw from the door back! Now if he could figure out how to make a front end that doesnt look like sh1t i would be VERY impressed. When it comes to cars and women... its the curves that drive me wild, and the back half of that car has it right!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Excellent workmanship...but take a sawzall to that rear spoiler and hack 4 inches off....then you will have something that blends...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think its hideous. While I liked Elenor, and this is a different spin on her, I can't say I think much of the clones popping up everywhere. I bet they say the same kind of thing when they see me coming though- "Oh, there's something original- another red Mustang!"

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Im sorry... but thats just plain ugly. Just my 2 cents. ::

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I am anti-eleanor, but aside from the grill/front end, but in my humble opinion the lines actually flow smoother than on the 67 eleanor. He did a great job on the bodywork to make it fit. Hey, at least he isn't ANOTHER copycat eleanor wanna-be.
That being said, I will keep my 67 coupe!!! (and Tig) :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think it looks better than the 67 Eleanor. The front is kind of 69/70 Shelbish and the rear end is just plain awesome. I don't really care for the wheels. Wonder what it would look like in another color scheme?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
The guy obviously put tons of hard work into this car, but what he ended up with looks, well, disjointed.

It appears to be a collection of parts that sorta work, but sorta don't. It leaves the same impression on me that one of those Aussie Falcons does (sorry, Aussies), which is a car that just misses having all the styling cues integrated. I even see a bit of 70s AMX/Javelin styling in their with the exaggerated kick-up of the rear quarters.

I'd rather see a nice paint job and custom wheels on a basic early-70s Mach. But that is just me...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks like the guy followed a dream; and did a quality job of it. Maybe, if the changes were scaled down to one-half of his dream and less exagerated the results would be more appealing to me.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the car is the Wheels.
Other than that He did a great job. Liking the 71 -73 Sportsroof cars to begin with. I think he did very well.
I would like to see the whole car in one shot rather than a chunk at a time.
My Guess is it took Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to put that together

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Not only would it blend in better, he may actually stand a small chance to see out his rear view mirror...

Doug

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
That actually looks cool.

I expected a pintoII (74-78 car with mustang badges) dressed up like eleanor.

If someone ever did a MII as eleanor, it should be a legal obligation to torch that car!!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I kinda like it, but agree that the rear spoiler is too big. I think it's cool when someone takes an idea that has been used repeatedly and does their own thing with it. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts