Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some 1970 spindles on ebay and want to confirm they are indeed 70 spindles before I order my brakes. can anyone hook me up with the dimensions?? I cant find them with searching to save my life!

Thanks!

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
The easiest way is find out the casting number between the ball joints.

·
Registered
734 Posts
1970 Spindles are one year only with D0ZA-3107- and D0ZA-3108- Casting numbers

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Does anyone have a ford parts interchange book? I thought some mavericks had the same spindle in later years. Those may have a different cast number.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
If the number changed, they were different in some way. Might not matter. You could use D1ZA spindles on your car and never notice the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Are they drum spindles or disc spindles?? -- drum and disc spindles will interchange from 1970 to 1973. What are the casting #'s? If you need some casting #'s info I have a decoder book. Post the #'s on them.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If the number changed, they were different in some way. Might not matter. You could use D1ZA spindles on your car and never notice the difference.
71-73 drum type have a more massive steering arm than 70 type, otherwise identical.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Are they drum spindles or disc spindles?? -- drum and disc spindles will interchange from 1970 to 1973. What are the casting #'s? If you need some casting #'s info I have a decoder book. Post the #'s on them.
Exactly, Drum Spindle, or Disc Spindle as horsehead has already shown Numbers. The 3108 is Driver by the way, 3107 Passenger.

Post numbers we will all help you in your quest.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
perfect! thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts