Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone reproduce the light socket housing and wiring pigtail assembly? I know you can buy some parts like the plastic lens, etc. Heck, someone is even reproducing the switch so it seems a little odd that no one is reproducing the light housing. I have a couple sets of used housings but would like to replace them with nice shiny new ones just like the new turn signal housings.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Let me know what you find. I too have some nice new cad plated turn signals. I found a decent pair of used ones that have more of the OEM finish intact that will have to work till I find something better. Also, the pigtails are not removable. If you just need the plug end those can be found at Del City very cheaply.

·
Registered
35,856 Posts
Well, the housing was actually a Cougar turn signal housing. Not available new.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyway guys. Never hurts to ask. One of the sets I have is not too bad. Good chrome bezels, good pigtails, not too rusty but the inside of the housings that should be shiny ain't. I guess I will blast them and spray the inside with the brightest silver I can find. What is the correct inside finish? The better set that I have looks to have been painted silver while the other (original to the car) is chrome plated.

These things apparently fit quite a few models besides 70 Mach 1s. Cougar, Maverick, Comet GT, what else? You would think there would be enough demand for someone to repop.

·
Registered
35,856 Posts
It was also used on the 69-70 Shelby.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
The inside reflective material was some sort of thick coatng. The Rustoleum chrome spray product is very close in appearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts