Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago, the chrome wondow molding fell into the door on the driver's side. We got it out, and glued it back on, and there wasn't any trouble since. Until yesterday. When I was going to work, I rolled the window down, and when I tried to roll it back up, it got stuck. I noticed that the second part of the window molding had come loose enough at the top to jam against the weatherstripping. I pushed it back inwards, and rolled the window up, and forgot about it. The same thing happened when I was coming home form work too. But then, after I got home, when I shut the door, it fell off. Not the whole thing, just the second part. What I mean is, the part that fits onto the window is still attached, but the bigger part, that has weatherstripping on the side, and fits against the quarter window molding when the door is shut, fell off. I put it back against the window and left it, because my family was going camping as soon as I got home from work, but we're back now, and I'd like to fix this. There are a series of pieces going up the inside of it, where it attaches to the part attached to the window, and a screw on the bottom. The pieces look like they were actually connected to the other half of the molding, bu that's just a guess. I'd like to know if there's a way to fix this, or will I have to find a repro for the whole thing, or are repros no good and I'll have to find a NOS chrome window molding?

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
The screw holds the seal on.The stainless pieces are spotwelded together.These pieces are not reproduced.If you cant fix yours be prepared for sticker shock.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
repros in a new catalog, maybe dallas mustang?? hows $300 a piece sound? you could probably find NOS ones for that price on ehay. sucks doesn't it? i too own a 70 fastback with those darn stainless strips and mine is dented all to crap. not willing to fork it over but someday....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts