Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of fenders that are in nice condition and a long center console shell that is decent. If you need them make your trade offer or $$$. I'm currently not looking for Mustang parts but I am working on a 64 F100 and a crusin wagon. :horror:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I need a Right front fender for a 71-72. A 73 fender will not work for me. What do you need for your truck?

[email protected]

Dave in Hudson, Ohio

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave How do I tell the year of the fender? I know the 71-73 but I don't know the difference between 71-2 and 73. As far as my '64 truck, I am looking for 15" wide white wall tires, salt flat or baby moon style hucaps, lake pipes, dash pad,black carpet, long/narrow LED third brake light.
Rick

[email protected]

·
Registered
239 Posts
The 71 and 72 are the same the 73 is longer due to the bumper diference. Alone it is hard to tell but next to a 71 you can see the difference.

If There is a better way to tell, someone else jump in!

Dave

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave
I emailed you as requested.
Rick

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
The "notch" at the front where the bumper wraps around the fender is larger on the 73 fenders. Or do I have that backwards? It's been awhile, but that notch is the difference.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
here's how you tell the difference:

draw an imaginary horizontal line along the top of the marker light opening toward the front bumper. if that line hits the top of the bumber notch, it's a '73. if that line is well below the top of the notch, it's a '71-2.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you interested?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts