Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just restored a 72 convertible completely from the ground up. Unfortunately I got the car in several boxes to start with. I have just installed the under dash wiring and connected the door activated lights (you know when you open the door the light comes on :) When I open the door the light comes on and a buzzer starts sounding, that's fine but the buzzer comes on even when the keys aren't in the ignition. When your trying do do some work and you need the door open it kinda gets to you after a while, the buzzing buzzing buzzing... well you know what I mean. What I want to know is should the buzzer only come on when you have the key in the ignition or the headlights are left on? do I have the wires plugged in wrong or is it the wrong buzzer?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
mine only CAME on(i broke the poor 30 year old switch in the door)when i left the keys in the car,i dont think the buzzer went off for the lights.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yes, the buzzer should only come on with the door open and the keys in the ignition. I can make mine buzz by just moving the ignition switch around without a key in it. I believe the buzzer is located atop the glove box area.
Try wiggling your ignition switc and see if it stops....if so, that's the touchy area /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Good luck,
D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same as the rest, only when the key is in the ignition. You should also have another buzzer that goes on with the "Fasten Seat Belt" light above the glove box when you're seated with the igniton "On" and the gear selector in any position but "Park" (for an auto, not sure about manuals).

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts