Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a method of installing aftermarket gauges in the centerpod? I don't have the actual gauge holder, just the center bezel. I need some kind of bracket or whatever to hold the gauges to the backside of the bezel.
For that matter, what about the dash gauges themselves. Speedo, gas gauge and tach. How do you get them in? How do you rewire the turn signals and other goodies?

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
i can't help you on the question about the center guages, but i just finished putting my speedo, tach, and gas guage back in after doing the lighting improvement modifications outlined in an old mustang monthly article. each of these three instruments are housed in their own pod. there is a plastic "cap" that screws to the back of each pod, and the instrument is attached to that cap. once the instrument is attached, you insert it into the pod and screw the cap to the pod. hope this helps.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So for the main gauges it is just a matter of finding the right size gauge then.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what I want for the main gauges. For the center I need something to actually hold a Volt/Oil/Temp gauge setup behind the center bezel.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Where did you get your white face gauge materials???

·
Registered
194 Posts
Actually, They are held in by the front. If you look at a stock mustang gauge cluster, there is a chrome ring around the gauges. That is actually attached to the cluster, not the gauge. If you take that out and open it up just a smidge with some sandpaper, a 5-inch gauge will slide right in real nice. You then reattach the trim ring the cluster, and it is all set.
JH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts