Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please bare with me and no verbal insults until after you have thought about what I am thinking I have an idea for a spoiler for the big horse coupe models. I have seen the wing spoiler on a coupe and frankly it does not look right. I was looking into installing a 67-69 camaro or generic flip spoiler on the back of the car and doing whatever modifications to make it blend with the trunk lid. I figure I am going to be out of pocket a bundle for the paint job so I might as well put some flare into the car. Here is a pic of the spoiler so you can get and idea of what I am thinking of doing. Anyone else seen one of these types on a big horse mustang please let me know.
Damn how do you add a pic to this forum.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
708 Posts
ive been looking for that pic of my 72 Ed idk if i can find it ive got it around somewhere

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be great. I am talking to body shops in the morning.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think its got a sneaky look...but the edges don't properly meet flush with the 1/4 panels...Thats the only drawback...The shelby extentions might work, but u'd probably be better with the shelby trunk lid...although the camaro rear spoiler can be had at a more reasonable price....
I'm all for uniqueness...again, I like the look if u can solve the spoiler-1/4 flushness

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it can be solved with fiberglass but the only problem is are my pockets deep enough for having the two corners modified to account for the lift. On the other hand the spoiler would be easier to modify to round it off so it matches the two end pieces. Hmmmmm. Well I have many more pressing issues to do first and since I am out to check on paint prices today I will talk to some of the body people while I am at it.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just verified what I thought would be a good outcome. The camaro spoiler is 59" and guess what. The 71-73 coupe rear deck lid and fender to fender is 60". No tell me if this is not sounding like one heck of an idea. I will be buying one soon to see how it works. I will do the major mods myself to get a flush fit then I will take it to a fiberglass person if it needs serious alterations. I will keep it posted just in case anyone else is interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts