Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie?
How did they drain? Was their an area on the left and right side to allow the water to drain out?Kinda late to ask. But I am getting ready in the next few days to get my 71 back. and they replaced the upper cowl and repaired the lower cowl where it had rusted out. and of course the other body work and paint. And yes I will upload pics. With as long as it has taken, I figure to do the bucket thing with water to make sure no water get's inside the car.
thanks,
Kerry

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just did that to mine, there are drains on each side. If you remove the screens you might be able to reach in on the pass side one and feel for it.
its just an opening and it drains behind the fenders on both sides. There is also a big round hole for the fresh air and that drains into the AC/heater box and then out a hose that passes thru the floor/toe board area and out the pass side on the trans tunnel.
Pour water thru the screens and check for leaks, the water may wet the inner fender door hinge area if you pour a lot in.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts