Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go take another set of tires off the front of my car this afternoon with 5000 miles on them and steel belts sticking through on the inside. I got on here and did a search, found the settings recommended and tried to get it right this time, but neither I, nor the alignment guy were clear on the issue. Maybe one of the "ex" alignment guys on here can help me figure this deal out. Here is a basic outline of the sheet he gave me. (My apologies for all the underlining, it was the only way to hold the positions with this editor)
____Left_______________________Right
After__Before______________After_____Before
_-0.2___-0.3______Camber_____-0.3______-0.8
__0.3____0.5______Caster______0.2______-0.3
__0.20___0.01______Toe_______0.20______0.59
_6.8______6.5___Included Angle__7.2______7.7
_6.6______6.5_Turning Angle Diff_6.9______7.0

_____________After_______Before
Cross Camber__0.1_________0.5
Cross Caster___0.1_________0.8
_Total Toe_____0.40_______-0.59

The measurements are all in degrees, although the Toe In was expressed in inches on the forum. Did we get it right???

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
You didn't seem to have too much negative camber at least. Zero to -0.5 degrees is tolerable. Your caster seems to be odd, 2 degrees should be more in the ballpark. Did you have toe out? That would explain the inside wear.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The right side was 0.59 which was way over their specs, but it is in degrees and the info on here was in inches....so we didn't know how to translate the information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts