Vintage Mustang Forums banner

71-73 Stock Hood

496 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Fordication 
#1 ·
Hey, I have the hood on my car that I want to sell. Its in fantastic condition with no dings, dents or rust. Still has the original stickers and paint on it. I am thinking of selling it on ebay but I do not know how much to ask for it. Anyone here have an idea what I should start it at and if anyone needs it here let me know. Thanks

#2 ·
I dont know how many people really want a standard 71-73 hood.

You might be able to get about 100 for it, but i wouldnt go much higher than that.

#3 ·
I would not do it because of the hassle factor. Packaging it would be a pain and even if you do a great job the odds are good that it would get damaged in shipping. Plus the shipping costs would probably be in the $75 range - maybe more.

Just put it on Craigs list and get what you can for it. That may be only $25 but it is what it is.

#4 ·
If I put it on craigs list in HOuston there will be no shipping and I should ask for at $100 dont you think. Sure there stock hoods out there but not in this condition. But I will do both and see which one gets me quicker response. Thanks.

#5 ·
Hey I put it in Craiglist this evening for $100 and I sold it in 3 hours. Now that is the way to do it. Thanks guys.

#7 ·
You are damn straight. LOL. Yes I am waiting until the last of the month so I can pay cash for them. I do not want to put them a credit card. I cannot wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.