Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to nail down a positive confirmation so I need some imput. The shock tower to firewall braces and the hood latch assembly are supposed to be a shade of grey. I originally painted mine black, but while I'm changing heater hoses and engine compartment brake lines I figured I'd clean and paint these pieces the 'correct' color. Does anyone have a PPG or SW number for the color?

I checked back 5 yrs of MM and did not find anything in Bob P's column. I looked at my photos of my car (it was original with 42K before I dissasembled, cleaned and reassembled) and see the hood latch assembly is a charcoal grey - quite dark. The shock braces are either a very, very dark grey or black. I should have taken more photos.... Any advice from anyone who has found sometime they are really pleased with is welcome. Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to get some 1-step urethane mixed up and paint with that instead of spray can enamel.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Bill-
If you really get stuck and no one has a number, maybe you could pick up a can of the spray and have a local paint shop match it up and mix you up a batch of urathane? I know they matched both colors on my car pretty well, gotta go back to get some more touch up paint. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

-Jason

'72 Mach 1 || '90 Talon TSi AWD
http://nosaj122081.tripod.com/parade3.jpg
"Thats not a leak, my car's marking its territory!"
"If you've done it, it ain't braggin'." -Roy Rogers

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...I'm going to have 'em mix up a pint to play with. The slop grey looks too light for what my car came with originally. If a judge questions me, I'll whip out a picture of what it looked like with 42K on it and only the distributer cap changed by the original owner. I'll let you know how it comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts