Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make these? My body shop who told me they could repair everything tells me now that the body work is on hold until I yes me can locate replacements for the upper and lower cowl area. They say they have not been able to find the metal to replace same. Any help would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Kerry

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Not to my knowledge. Better find a donor car.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Repro cowls are not available for these years. It isn't as much a problem since the cowl vents are covered by the hood so it's not as big a market for the repro guys to make it. I would try calling out west for a classic car junkyard. The best place to find usable 30 year old sheet metal is in the desert. A couple of members here are in Arizona, they might be able to get some numbers for you.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone,
Here is the update. I found out Desert Valley Auto Parts has the whole cowl assembly. The price is $500.00 plus shipping. Shipping to the East Coast is around $100.00 if shipped to a business. Looks as if the project can move along again in a week or so. Their number for future reference is 800 905-8024. Ask for Brian. Of note this is the whole used cowl assebly. It is detached at the factory welds. And is guarenteed not to be rusty. They stated they ship these out all the time. Apparently they have a good size inventory. Their website is www.azclass.com
Thought you all would like to know.
Later,
Kerry

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a nice solid cowl Hat and surrounding metal from drivers side of a 71. The Cowl hat is the same for DS or PS. Email me if interested -$50.

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts