Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in search for a correct alternator for my 1971 MACH I, it has an April build date, 351 M code, C6, without AC or PS and I need to know what amp or part # I should be looking for. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
shouldn't it start with a D1 ?
No.
The D0 indicates that the alternator received a major redesign for the 1970 model year. A minor change to the design would be indicated by the suffix at the end of the engineering number. The next major redesign may not have happened until 5 or 6 years later which would be indicated by a new prefix such as D5 or D6. The D0 alternator would have been used every year until the next major redesign.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No.
The D0 indicates that the alternator received a major redesign for the 1970 model year. A minor change to the design would be indicated by the suffix at the end of the engineering number. The next major redesign may not have happened until 5 or 6 years later which would be indicated by a new prefix such as D5 or D6. The D0 alternator would have been used every year until the next major redesign.
OK, Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts