Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 71 it had drum brakes.I rebuilt the front suspension with roller spring perches, upper and lower control arms new springs.I installed disc brakes on the front.No brakes I bled the master cylinder before I installed it.Bled the brake lines not much petal I can start the car and what brakes I do have goes to the floor.What did I do wrong? :confused: Help

·
Registered
392 Posts
do you have a puddle of fluid on the floor? maybe the bleeder valves on either of the 4 brakes arent screwed in? its an obvious one but...

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Did you go with power brakes or manual? If you switched from manual to power, did you switch the pedal? That's the exact symptoms of the manual pedal used with a booster.

If you have the power pedal, I'd start looking for leaks, particularly around the distribution block. I had a brand new distribution block that we could not get to seal. I cracked the block trying to tighten the line down enough to seal it. Got a new DB and all was well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Did you install the disk calipers so that the bleeder is pointing stright up? If not, you will never get all the air out of the calipers.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts