Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone out there had replaced the headliner in a 71 coupe. If so, did either (or both) the windshield or rear window have to come out in order to complete the installation (as I know some older mustangs required). Thanks.

mike

·
Registered
322 Posts
In mine, one of the PO's cut the old headliner out and glued the new headliner in place under the rear window rubber. Probably should take the windows out if you don't want to take any short cuts. However, the headliner in mine seems to be holding well. At least he used 3M's Fast Tack Trim Adhesive #8090 from Mustang's Unlimited.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about to do mine. I have pulled the old one out and like the previous post stated, it does seem to be held in with the rear glass weatherstripping. The rest is held in place with the trim pieces and rods. It looked to me that only the insulation was "glued" in, but it all came out pretty easy. The installation will probably be another story though, will have to see.

Jason

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't for the removal. The old headliner tore kind of easy. If I don't have to take it out for the install, I won't.

Jason

·
Registered
394 Posts
Windshield can stay in, rear glass should come out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts