Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restomoding a super clean 71 i just got from SunValley Calif.Car is presently bread & butter 302,air,steering,brakes.Going to option the car to the max,,and drop in a nice 460 to fill it up.Where is the best place to purchase the factory style frame side mounts so the engine is in the factory location.?I heard Crite's has them,,but i know some of you all out there have done it already and know what fits.I've never seen a 71 Fastback with absolutely no rust and original paint,,they rusted terrible,,and only lasted a few years around this area.This car is super clean,,going to make one very nice car. thanks for any advice you can help me with. Jeff K. (also looking for a power drivers seat from a 71-73 Cougar,,if anyone has a complete frame.) Thanks.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I've used the Crites products on a 67 Fairlane 460 conversion. We used the entire Crites swap "kit", rad, mounts, brackets, headers,etc. The parts fit fine and everything went together okay. The headers were a total PITA, but I got them on. Crites prices are much better than Per-ripoff-ogie, and their tech is years ahead of Dumdums Unlimited....

Will a big block fit in the engine compartment without modification?
71 Mustangs and Cougars were available with the 429 CJ/SCJ. 460 is identical in exterior dimensions and no shocktower mods are required....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts