Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrecked my '71 Mach. I'm soo sad! I hit a damn deer. Of all the cars in the world to run out in front of, it had to be mine. So I'm back to the drawing board. I got new used replacement hood, fender, and grill. May be able to get digtal camera.

Stuff I may trade:
1. I got a damaged Nasa Hood on the driver's side corner-no trim parts. May be repairable. Was in decent shape.
2. Driver's side front fender - Bashed in!
3. Passengers side quarter window - not tinted.
4. 351C original Ford valve covers. - old reasonable shape
5. 750 Edelbrock Pro Performer Carb with Manual Choke - like new, it was just too big. Don't have cam yet. I got a 351C 4V I don't need the big carb yet.
6. Chrome fender extension pieces - still looking for pieces I need I may keep them. Have Passenger's side in good shape.
7. '71 honeycomb grill with grill corral - currently in pieces still have all the pieces and tabs. broken pretty good though. No sport lamps. Cost me $325 to replace

Looking for:
Center Gauges
Chrome hood extension and Driver's side fender extension
Headlight rings
Rear view mirror
Driver's side pillar interior trim piece
decent stero with cassette player

and mental therapy!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I may have a nos left chrome fender extension, I will look. How much for the carb?

G

·
I noticed both of you have replacement NASA hoods now. I have been looking for one for my 1971 convertible. Any hints on where you found them?

How bad is the damaged hood you have?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can help you get a good condition Nasa hood if you want one, but you got to bring your wallet they aren't cheap. Mine cost me about $500. So if you got a nice car I can help you out. I'm looking for $150 out of the damaged one. I can get a digital camera this week and send you some pics, If you send me your e-mail address and you're still interested.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$150 for the damaged hood. I'll get a digital camera. I'd trade for other parts too if you have something interesting. This is supposed to be the trade forum. I know somebody is going to yell at me.

G

·
I'm confused. Are you re-building it or parting it out? I have been looking for a '71/73 for a drag car for my wife.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm rebuilding it. I just know how hard the parts are to come by so I though I would offer up the leftovers for other drivers out there. I know a guy who has a wreched '73 Garande with some Mach parts on it. It needs new front frame sections, fenders, and hood. He hit a parked car driving home drunk one night. I can't tell you where he lives cause he's got a car in the garage I want. He's got a Q code '66 2+2 that I really like. Needs floorboard on driver's side. He still has all the parts. He's also got a '70 Mach that's he started working on and never finished. 66' is a 289, 70 is a 351W, and '73 is a 302. Interesting isn't it? I also know a guy who has a '70 428CJ but it's not for sale. $2K would negoiate on the others. Don't think the '73 is worth $2K. Probably more like $1K. There's two other '66's here in town. Neither for sale but it's interesting to know. I guess you'd say this is a regular Mustang town. That's one of the reasons I like it here. See if you can find Ostrander, Oh. on the map.

G

·
Outside of Columbus? I used to work at Rockwell. There's a ton of good ponies here too(Tulsa) we've got some real killers!
70 Cyclone Spoiler 429 SCJ 4:30 Drag-pak
65 Mustang show car one-owner Un-restored
65 Mustang one-owner
66 Mustang 8-second street legal drag car
90 GT next drag car
68 Hurst Olds 455 4-speed
86 SVO
85 Porsche 944
98 Jeep Wrangler
95 F-150
76 20' E-350 motor home
Too many parts cars to mention

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small world isn't it. I work with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Automation all the time. I think when I get the digital camera from work this week I'll post some pictures of the local cars on my web site. My web site is: http://home.columbus.rr.com/toddsrod/
It's kind of a mess right now. You'll have to rumage around. There's some pictures of my car when I brought it home on the site. You can see what the parts used to look like there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts