Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the new 15 x10 & N 50 Pro Tracs temporarily mounted tonight to see how they're going to look, I'm still waiting for the F 60 15 front tires and correct lug nuts. The old air shocks are still on, but deflated, the rear springs are Eaton 2" over stock, the fronts are Eaton stock height, probably going to order 1" drop spring for the fronts and HD standard shocks for the rear.
NewN50c.jpg
NewN50a.jpg
NewN50a.jpg
NewN50b.jpg
NewN50b.jpg
The old car's been sitting a lonnnnggg time, hopefully I'll get it on the road in August.

·
Premium Member
13,770 Posts
Sorry about the double pictures, don't know what happened.
If you "Preview" your post before you "Post" it the website doubles up on the photos.

It looks to me like the quarterpanels are going to rub on the tread of the tires every time you hit a bump.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I got the new 15 x10 & N 50 Pro Tracs temporarily mounted tonight to see how they're going to look, I'm still waiting for the F 60 15 front tires and correct lug nuts. The old air shocks are still on, but deflated, the rear springs are Eaton 2" over stock, the fronts are Eaton stock height, probably going to order 1" drop spring for the fronts and HD standard shocks for the rear. View attachment 803517 View attachment 803518 View attachment 803518 View attachment 803519 View attachment 803519 The old car's been sitting a lonnnnggg time, hopefully I'll get it on the road in August.
Cool, takes me back to HS.. needs side pipes

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still talk to the original owner, who told me that he traded in his 1969 torino on this Mach 1, before he took delivery he swapped the N 50's from the torino to this car. The car had really old 295 15 50 TA radials on the original Cragars when I bought it, I'll get it sorted out soon, if rubbing becomes a problem, I'll add 1" lift shackles and still stay with gas shocks, a stock 71 - 73 has it's tail dragging, I'm going to drop the front on this one an inch, I think it'll look good.

·
Registered
1967 Convertible Shelby clone
132 Posts
That takes me back to my high school days but it needs some slapper bars to go with those frog poppers.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
1,029 Posts
I didn't even know they still made ProTracs?! Wow

Chris

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I remember N50s, they are huge ! A school buddies' brother had them on his `72 Nova. My brother had L60s on his `69 Mach I in the early `80s. Very cool !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
That does take me back. In the late '70s I used to run G50x15s front and L50x15s rear on my '72. Squeezed onto my 15x7 Magnums and they fit inside the wheel wells at stock height. Looked cool at the time but sure was sporty during rainy season! Kind of like driving on ice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That does take me back. In the late '70s I used to run G50x15s front and L50x15s rear on my '72. Squeezed onto my 15x7 Magnums and they fit inside the wheel wells at stock height. Looked cool at the time but sure was sporty during rainy season! Kind of like driving on ice.
These new Cragars use a 60 degree conical seat nut instead of the old shank style nuts, and I wasn't grabbing enough threads, so I ended up using a Cragar 60 degree nut that has an extended shank, part # CRR 27804 4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts