Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at a 67 coupe that someone locally had for sale a real nice POS. anywho there was another car there with a tarp over it, so me being the inquisitive type asked what was under the tarp, the lady told me that it was a 1972 mach 1 convertable, so off went the tarp and well everything looked to be legit! it was pretty badly rusted out, but I would like to know if anyone has seen/heard of this before and if so if they have some links or pics that I can see? or some production numbers

thanks
Jason

thanks
Jason

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
There were SOME convertibles that were packing heat though... I dont know about 72 though.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Officially, there are NO 71-73 "Mach" Convertibles. However /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
You could order every Mach option on a convertible including the stripes. Just *not* the Mach insignia or VIN/DP designation. What you'd want to check is to see if the 5th character of the VIN (Drivers side of the dash, bottom of the windshield from the outside or on the drivers side inner fender, possibly underneath the fender) and see if it's possibly a "Q" code. If so, in 1972 the Q code was a detuned 351 Cleveland, 4 barrel carb. This was the strongest engine available in 1972 for the Mustang line. Get us the VIN and some pictures!
Rusty or not, I love to find unique cars /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see what I can do, about the VIN and the pics... and re-post what I come up with, thanks all!

Jason

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Mach Ones were only available as Fastbacks...period end of story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts