Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help!!! Does the TOP SWITCH Bezel lite up like the other dash switches? Don't want to take apart, if I don't need to. Also, do all cars have the connector in the dash harness for the center map lite? Had half my dash apart looking for one without any success. I heard they were "taped back" if not used.
Thanx for any info.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
i don't think my top switch bezel is lit.
i don't know about the map light.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The top switch light doesn't have the bulb in it so it is dark (unlike the other knobs like lights, wiper and cigar lighter.)
There should be a bulge in the main harness near the fuse box. This is usually where the accessory light feed is wrapped up. The problem is seeing what the heck is above the fuse box, it's a tight spot. I found mine when I had the center guage panel out and could get my muppet fingers behind the dash. I'd recommend pulling the tach/speedo cluster and the center cluster out.
Best of luck,
D

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Mine does not ...and i had the dash out 2 days ago no lights there!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx to all with the info. Now I know not to bother trying to make my top switch lite up. Now when I feel like tearing apart the dash, I'll have some idea where to look for that wire connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts