Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some kick panels designed for speakers. I don't see how it can work on the drivers side with the emergency brake pedal. The brake pedal(foot pad) rubs against the panel where the speaker would go. Also, there isn't much room behind the panel (wires,etc). Has anyone gotten this to work on a 71-73? If I could find a nice pair of quarter panels for the interior I'd just cut holes in those and keep the originals. Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i ended up removing the parking brake lever completely. for the speakers to fit you have to get very thin speakers there out there but cost a little more than the regular depth speakers.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You could also do a trans tunnel mounted E brake handle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I found the same problem, so I installed the dash speakers that has two speakers and the door speakers. I wouldn't want to change the E brake. than it would not be original looking.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will just put them in the doors since the door panels aren't original. Thanks for the responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts