Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I’m new around here and new to the mustang world! I have a 73 fastback with a 351C and AC. I lucked up as the car actually runs and was garage kept. One of the mysteries with this car is the dash plate was removed (yes i know I know) but it’s a clean VIN and title so I’m good there. I was able to get a rubbing of the partial VIN off of the fender for registration (something I learned from this forum before joining ;)).

I was able to find a metal dash plate to close that area up in my car but I can seem to find any good information on what color this metal plate was. This is the plate that starts at the base of the windshield and completely closes up the dash except for the defroster vents. Any help here?

I assume it was either black or color matched to the interior (my interior is ginger). Anyone else here have to replace theirs or can tell me what color this would’ve been in a 73?

Much appreciated!

I’m a noob so if I’ve broken any cardinal rules, I truly apologize

·
Registered
10,882 Posts
You're correct, the upper dash panel would vary depending upon the interior color. It would be color matched to the dash pad and the center stack color. Blue, green and ginger interiors will be color matched. Black, white and vermillion would be black. Cars with the up-level interior would also have a color matched metal dash frame, same as above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're correct, the upper dash panel would vary depending upon the interior color. It would be color matched to the dash pad and the center stack color. Blue, green and ginger interiors will be color matched. Black, white and vermillion would be black. Cars with the up-level interior would also have a color matched metal dash frame, same as above.
Thank you! Now to see if we can figure out the matching color so I can reinstall it!
Thanks so much!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts