Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

new here so please dont bash too hard.

after many years of car sitting covered up after being painted (17 years to be exact) and after father passing away and unfortunately not knowing where all parts are at i am currently stuck but do know all parts are here according to my father.

I was putting together the hub/rotors and was looking at the dust shield mounting and was getting confused. I have some books that have some diagrams but nothing specifically for my front end. all my books except the original ford manuals said this had front drum brakes but i have the original parrts and they are disc brakes. With doing a google search and not having much luck, and looking at other pictures it has a plate that goes on after the dust shield for other years but can not seem to find what exactly i am looking for in my boxes of parts. Is there not a plate or is there a plate and i am not finding it? Any help would be appreciated.

this is my first of many posts of finally assembling this classic beauty.

·
Registered
37,783 Posts
The dust shield is held on by a metal retainer that looks like a header flange... see the image below.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What Woodchuck said.... this should help too.

FYI, you can search NPD's site using the basic unit number in the drawing. In your case, it would be 2B116

https://www.npdlink.com/search/products?search_terms=2b116&top_parent=0&year=
I have one book that had that picture but alot of that stuff didnt come like that. Like my rotors are hub and rotor in one. I dont have the piece behind the dust shield the originals I have that are cleaned up and painted look like it was right up to the spindle.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
I have one book that had that picture but alot of that stuff didn't come like that. Like my rotors are hub and rotor in one. I dont have the piece behind the dust shield the originals I have that are cleaned up and painted look like it was right up to the spindle.
Piece behind the dust shield is a cork gasket. Not a big deal if it's not there. Most of the rotors are sold as a hub & rotor assembly nowadays.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one book that had that picture but alot of that stuff didn't come like that. Like my rotors are hub and rotor in one. I dont have the piece behind the dust shield the originals I have that are cleaned up and painted look like it was right up to the spindle.
Piece behind the dust shield is a cork gasket. Not a big deal if it's not there. Most of the rotors are sold as a hub & rotor assembly nowadays.
Ah. Ok that makes sense now. Well thank you very much for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts