Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the repop fenders for 1973? My first experience has been bad. I realize that there is always some amount of work necessary on reproduction sheet metal, but in my case, I would have to cut the entire lower part of the fender off any rework it. Does anyone have a good experience with these fenders and where were they purchased? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
that is really disappointing to hear! I have a 71 convert
I need have a right fender for. What is exactly the problem with the fender. A picture maybe? Keep us posted! Good luck!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem appears to be in the curvature where the fender meets the door. When I fit the panel, the body lines do not match up with the door and the bottom of the panel appears to be too long. If I make the body lines match, the fender bows out in the middle about 1/2". I cannot move my door out that far to compensate. Also if I could move the door out, the top of the fender bottoms out on the pillar and does not match the hood line. To make this panel work, I would have to remove the bottom of the panel and splice it to make it shorter. For $320 I expected more.

·
Registered
103 Posts
that is really disappointing to hear! I have a 71 convert
I need have a right fender for. What is exactly the problem with the fender. A picture maybe? Keep us posted! Good luck!
You might get lucky, 73 fenders are different then the 71/2s.
Either way I have not heard of any problems/feedback/concerns from customers with the fenders that we have sold.
I would be interested in seeing photos also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts