Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
The jack bag and tire covers are a modern (started in the 80's) thing that shops have been selling for years.... but not original.

The splatter was basically a product referred to as Zonatone (s?) in a tri color combination.If I recall correctly the splatter was added late in the assemble process and was sprayed over things like the gas tank fill tube and other items

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
That is correct as for as my car was concerned.The convertables were the only ones that got mats according to most 71-73 experts,but I have to argue that point as my Mach 1 came with a very thin grey carpet type material,almost like what the new cars come with now.It fit over the center of the trunk and up over the sides with slots cut for the fold down cushions and the space saver bracket.Of course being young and traveling alot I ruined it with tool boxes and other stuff I carried.I wished I had taken a picture of it as it has caused a few peaple to doubt what I am saying.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
My 73 vert did not have a mat when I got it in 1989. Car had 60K miles and was very original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts