Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got handed down a 74 Ghia with the V6, runs good, but it has no radio. what should i do? buy a new stereo or buy one that fits the car?

·
Premium Member
6,468 Posts
Just got handed down a 74 Ghia with the V6, runs good, but it has no radio. what should i do?
Hand it down to someone else. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

If it were a pristine original car I'd look for an original radio. If not, get whatever. Got pics you can post?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Since it's not my money, my vote is to buy a decent looking radio on eBay or at a swap meet or something and then rip the guts out and put in all the modern features here.

I just like the stealth look and like the idea of a basic looking Ford radio having FM, Bluetooth, hands free and all that.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
How big is the dash cutout? I have a AM/FM cassette from a 70s or 80s, not sure which.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
My vote is for a year proper factory radio, it will look way better then an aftermarket radio, you can then add/convert it if you want the new fangled stuff.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Std issue Philco AM Pushbutton tuning.
Try EBay or Swapmeets etc for Same In FM/Cassette - The Cassette would probably be behind a flap fold back dialscale.
Pair of soft cone twin cone 6"'s or 6" x 9"'s on rear deck would have a nice sounding set-up for not too much folding.
Goodluck.
Or period aftermarket fitting the hole would be say Sparkomatic or Alpine etc.
Avoid the din fitting radios if you don't want to chop up your dash.
Cheers.
HRTrev.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
This is the high tech Philco radio in 1974. The tape player was 8 track.

If you want a higher-tech cassette player in the car you need this:

If you want Bluetooth also, stick this in the Kraco

1 - 12 of 12 Posts