Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading my son's car from I6 to V8. We've got a T5.

I THINK I've located a 74 Maverick rear end. The seller thinks it was out of a Maverick. I recall him saying they were installed on his Mustang II. The perches are 45" to the outsides and it looks like the flanges are roughly 51.5". According to THIS list it seems to be consistent with the Maverick.

Sorry for all the questions, but...

Does this list show the rear ends that have the same perch location as a 66?

Would the wheels/tires sit 3/4" closer together (57.25-56.5)?

What mods would I have to make to install this thing?
I measured the perches on our car (with a tape measure) and it looks like they're 45.5 inches. I did the best I could with it installed on the car.

It's got a 3.5 gear ratio. How would that do with a T5?

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I'm upgrading my son's car from I6 to V8. We've got a T5.

I THINK I've located a 74 Maverick rear end. The seller thinks it was out of a Maverick. I recall him saying they were installed on his Mustang II. The perches are 45" to the outsides and it looks like the flanges are roughly 51.5". According to THIS list it seems to be consistent with the Maverick.

Sorry for all the questions, but...

Does this list show the rear ends that have the same perch location as a 66?

Would the wheels/tires sit 3/4" closer together (57.25-56.5)?

What mods would I have to make to install this thing?
I measured the perches on our car (with a tape measure) and it looks like they're 45.5 inches. I did the best I could with it installed on the car.

It's got a 3.5 gear ratio. How would that do with a T5?
It is a direct bolt in. Center to center on the perch will be 43". I think it is 3/8" narrower on each side. It will fit perfect. Not all of those housings on that list are 43" on center

1 - 2 of 2 Posts