Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New gears, new Posi unit, new bearings - late ribbed case - professionally set up - never run - $800 shipped to anywhere east of the Mississippi - extra $50 west of the Mississippi

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I will personally stand behind this - the shop that built it is wzorek automotive - rearends are his ONLY business and I have been using him for 30 years on everything from putting gears in a then new lx 5.0 mustang to countless 8 and 9 inch, 55 chevy, 57 pontiac, jeep, dana 44, chrysler 8 1/4 etc.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
What brand gears, posi and bearings?

·
Administrator
19,793 Posts
You keep saying "posi" like these are Chevrolet parts. Just bugs me. Sorry, could be just me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry - its no longer available anyway - I think I'm done here, didn't get off on the right foot and it seems like most here build their cars the same way to please each other and then obsess over insignificant things like a camshaft with 2 extra degrees of duration then whatever source the read said they should have or what brand of shocks they should use or a sway bar that is 1/16" too small......on and on - didn't think anything was as bad as corvette people, but mustang guys are a close second - Don't get me wrong, seems like a lot of solid guys on here doing good work too, but just a bit too much of the other stuff for me -

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Well, if i were looking, I'd buy it. I like to think all car guys are honest and have integrity. Yeah, the whole "Posi" verbiage thing is bit annoying, especially when we all know what we'er discussing. With Ford branded rears, there seems to be more specific terminology. Perhaps we need to coin a term referring to Ford rear locking units?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Don't worry - its no longer available anyway - I think I'm done here, didn't get off on the right foot and it seems like most here build their cars the same way to please each other and then obsess over insignificant things like a camshaft with 2 extra degrees of duration then whatever source the read said they should have or what brand of shocks they should use or a sway bar that is 1/16" too small......on and on - didn't think anything was as bad as corvette people, but mustang guys are a close second - Don't get me wrong, seems like a lot of solid guys on here doing good work too, but just a bit too much of the other stuff for me -
A little sensitive we are, said Yoda about you.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Yeah, the whole "Posi" verbiage thing is bit annoying. Perhaps we need to coin a term referring to Ford rear locking units?
Traction Loc has a nice ring to it. Wonder if it's been trade marked?

·
Administrator
19,793 Posts
So you're basically a Corvette guy? So you probably just say Posi out of habit? That makes sense then.

·
Registered
10,188 Posts
I see it as more of a Kleenex vs Tissue or Clorox vs bleach or a Channel Lock vs adjustable grooved pliers or Vise Grips vs locking pliers ,ect thing. Some trade marked words have just become synonymous with product identification

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I like to say "limity"

·
Administrator
19,793 Posts
"Limity?" Wossatmean?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think it depends where ya grew up.

Just like a bonnet...a hat for a baby that covers the head and ties under the chin.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
"Limity?" Wossatmean?
If they get to say “posi” for positive traction I think it only fair to call limited slip “limity”. You can call traction lock “tracki” if you like.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts