Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people would not have taken this route but I thought I would try it on my Resto-Mod Coupe. I put a 1986 SVO 8.8 rear into my 1969 coupe. The cool thing is the rear has disk brakes and 3.73 gears. The rear is also about 2" wider so the 2000 Mustang GT wheels will fit without any spacers. All I had to grind off all of the original mounts and install new spring pearches. I have yet to get a drive shaft but the rear was so cheap it it will be worth it.

G

·
It's still possible it's an 8.8 but doubtful. A lot of the SVO's have been changed since '86. Mines an 8.8 with 3:73's now, the 7.5 went to crap when the turbo grew. Let's see them pix!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pics will be coming somtime. I have to get a digital camera from a friend. And the rear IS an 8.8. It would be a big waste of time to put a 7.5 in it. Thanks for the interest, I thought this swap would be looked down upon by most of the people here.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts