Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in desperate need of an 8 inch posi, and center section. All I need is the 'pumpkin'. I want a gear ratio around 3.90 - 4.11... preferably 4.10 or 4.11.... anyone know where I can get this? I need it desperately!

-Dave Flak

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Currie Enterprises in Fullerton CA.

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code coupe
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571656&a=12306481&p=42935059&Sequence=2.jpg

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Shannon's right, Currie can get it for you. Their stuff is top notch, too. However, it will not be cheap. The last time I saw a price on their 4-spider posi 8-inchers, it was something like $800. Randy's Ring and Pinion wants about the same thing, IIRC. Both will be excellent units from companies that have been around awhile.
What is the application you have in mind? Maybe there's an alternative.
Another source might be an early Bronco. Many used 8-inchers and had the sort of ratios you're interested in.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its going in my 68 coupe, 302 4bbl..... Automatic Trans.... probably be swapped for a stroked 302, with a paxton super charger in the near future.

-Dave Flak

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
If you're putting it behind a supercharged 302 - I suggest you get a nine-incher. For one thing, you can get any kind of gearset you want - but the primary reason is that if you're putting out 350 hp or more, you'll want to go with a 9-inch. That is not just my opinion - that is exactly what I was told by Currie and Randy's.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Have you thought about an Auburn posi unit? PAW sells them for about $360.

1965 289 Hardtop
MCA #45799
Mississippi Coast Mustang Club

1 - 7 of 7 Posts