Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, we made it. Our Ford Mustang Owners' Club of Finland (www.mustangclub.fi) had 20th anniversary and to celebrate that we organised a Grand Fun Run (2002km =1200miles). Well over 100 cars (quesstimate 137) participated the tour for a day or more, mostly Mustangs, but a few Cougars, Torinos, a Galaxie, two Shelbys and we met third Shelby at the paint shop during the tour and great many great people.
There were no major breakdowns. The biggest mishaps were one bent pushrod and seven worn ones (they were replaced with harder ones), a rear oil blow-out due to clogged vent tube, one blown tire, one missing alternator belt and one bent rear bumper. I had a small rupture in gas hose one morning but I fixed that easily. We had a Super Gas mechanic with us and in addition to attention to aforementioned "bad" problems he tuned a dozen or so cars and test drove a few to give recommendations on C4s, lifter clacking or whatever during the tour. Altogether, not bad for an average age of 30 year old cars.
The sweepstakes prize Million Mustang has now a new owner, congratulations. The sweepstakes enabled us to give free lodgings and meals during the tour for our club members.
The withdrawal symptons are bad. No beach party during night, no morning giddup'n'go feeling, no excitement of who will join us during the tour. I am still a little bit shallow and hazed. I haven't even unpacked the car after two says at home. Luckily, I have the World Rally Championship starting next Thursday, the partying will be even harder and mornings starts about 5 hours earlier.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mna, that sounds like a great time...Wish I would have been there with you'all.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
It sounds like great fun. Post some pictures of the event if you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts