Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just curious if for absolutely sure the 8-Track player was a real option in 65. All that I have seen are 1966 model numbers.

Also incase anyone knows if it was an option in 1965 do you think the 8-Track player is the same ( at least the faceplate ) as the the 1966 model.

The idiot who owned the car before me cut the hole just a bit to big for the stock AM radio. I think by getting a 8-Track the faceplate may cover the entire hole. So I am curious if it will even fit since the dashes are a bit different between the two models.

Thanks in advance!!!

Matt

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
iirc, i remember seeing hang on 8-track players in 65. i dont know of any 65 factory installed(like 66's) 8-tracks. my 65 fb had a setup put in it by the PO so i decided to leave it and take the point deduction.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure that the 8-track option started in 1966. I have one at the Ranch in my private collection.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
It was not a factory installed option until 1966. It's possible, but unconfirmed AFAIK, that you could get it as a dealer installed option on very late 1965 models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts