Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I signed up specifically to post this, but if you'd like references you can check my same username on Rennlist (Porsche forum) and ADVrider (Motorcycle forum).

My buddy loaned me his 363 (aka 507 hp) 66 Mustang fastback for a few weeks and I have been ruined. I want to trade one of my 911s for a classic Mustang. Located in Houston, TX but am open to a road trip. I'm open to coupe or fastback, no convertibles. Must be a manual trans. I'd be open to a car that needs a bit of love with cash on your end.
  • '82 SC
  • ~250K on the clock, ~40K on the rebuilt engine
  • New EPS aluminum fan and shroud
  • Upgraded Griffiths A/C
  • New shift bushings
  • Extensive records (I mean EXTENSIVE) back to the early 90s
  • Any questions let me know!
I'd prefer a trade to make life easier, but will consider a direct sale for, let's say $35K OBO

·
Super Moderator
10,027 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Have you researched prices for these old Mustangs? The difference in price between a Hardtop and Fastback is pretty big.

35K will get you a very nice Hardtop, but not much of a Fastback, be aware,.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thansk Israel, I have done a fair bit of research. I've noticed a nicely finished coupe is in a similar price range, and a bit of a pup fastback is right around there, too. I'm very comfortable doing mechanical work, rebuilding engines, etc. so figured that would help bridge the gap between the two.

·
Super Moderator
10,027 Posts
This board is Great!

Post any questions that you have, keep us updated on the car hunt, and start a Build Thread once you find one. I’d like to follow the progress.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Subscribed and good luck in your search. As a 500hp+ Mustang owner and a longtime 930 owner, I can appreciate the appeal of both. They’re both fun and each has their own strong suit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SC is really a great car, but I have a 964 track car that is...not quite stock. After driving the Mustang the SC has been found to be surplus to requirements.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I’m interested in your SC to buy it outright. I’ll pm you.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang, 302, C4 and 9 inch
79 Posts
I owned an 81 SC.... regret selling it everyday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I owned an 81 SC.... regret selling it everyday.
It really is a great little car, and the more I drive it the more I like it. But it's not so appreciably different from my 964 that it would justify keeping it over getting a mustang (something completely different than either 911)

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang, 302, C4 and 9 inch
79 Posts
It really is a great little car, and the more I drive it the more I like it. But it's not so appreciably different from my 964 that it would justify keeping it over getting a mustang (something completely different than either 911)
I've owned a few interesting cars, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, vett, z/28's.... a huge list deep into the 50 plus range. For me, the SC and the newly acquired 65 coupe, offer the most fun. The SC spent many days at the shop but I like things perfect. The mustang has new suspension and squeaks going down the road but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I might roll back into an early or mid 1980's SC in the near future but I will keep the Mustang.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts