Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rocking a set of 84 gt halo seats in my 66

I have a couple of questions ,, How does the head rest/halo remove from the seat? or does it? according to this pic it looks to have no fastener

Upholstery kits from TMI are available but for that price I'd just go buy new seats. I'm interested in some type of seat cover even from a parts store or department store but I would need to be able to remove the halo to fit them. Suggestions :shrug:

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
I've seen where the headrest you show slides down into a track and is locked in place. My 89 ranger pu had a style like this- as I recall I had to pull off the material from the back, then slid a flat screwdriver up from the bottom to release a locking tab. Granted that was a long time ago and I could be cornfused, but it's ringing a bell for some reason. The more I think about it- it may have even been a sharp metal tab that pinched the lower slot on your headrest tab... for some reason I remember cutting the sh*t out of my finger trying to release it..:shrug:

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Found it! The tab faces the inside of the seat, so you have to reach up between the foam and tab to release it.... and yes- it's sharp!

·
Registered
273 Posts
The halos that Fox guys want and usually cannot find separate from the seats are:

1) 1979 Pace Car netted halo headrests (79 Pace had genuine Recaros and 1st Mustang to have Recaros)
2) 84-93 Saleen netted halo headrests

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts