Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where I can find a pic of this kickdown bracket? It bolts to the tranny itself and the one that Ford shows on their dealer parts schematic is not the right one. Local dealer looked this up ( tweedle dee and tweedle dum) and all they could come up with was a "fits all years, fits all models" for this kick down cable tranny bracket. It showed a diagram of both ends of the kickdown cable and the brackets on each end that it attaches to. No way the bracket they showed in the diagram would work on my 89 AOD. Anyone know where I can find this bracket or at least a picture of onw so I can make one myself? Thanks.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Is this AOD going into a Mustang, or is it in something else?

Are you talking about a bracket, or are you referring to the kick down lever itself? There were approximately 1 trillion different setups for the AOD over the years in the various models. Asking a Ford dealer any information about Ford transmissions is pretty much a waist of time. I've tried getting parts for both my AOD and my C4 there. The first thing out of their mouths is always "What's a C4?" *LOL*

I have a very good book on Ford Transmissions that covers the AOD pretty good.

If you're putting this AOD into a Mustang, I'd HIGHLY recommend using the Lokar "kick-down cable" for the TV cable. Then you can forget about all the goofy brackets and levers Ford used over the years.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I agree with John. I have an 89 AOD out of a Crown Vic and I used the Lokar cable. I got mine at Windsor-Fox because I ordered the shift lever rod adapter there, but you can find them cheaper elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts