Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says I’m swapping in a 6.8L (415ci) V10 into my ‘89 Fox.

Before everyone starts in yes know that there are other (more logical) choices out there but this is the path I chose.

Got the motor out of a 2000 Excursion for a good deal, a 5-speed out of a ‘99-‘04 Mustang GT, & a EMS-Pro/Megasquirt 1 Extra to control the motor.

For the end game I’m looking to do a turbo setup with 500-600rwhp but for right now I’m just trying to get the stock motor in & the car drivable while I plan out & collect the parts for the turbo swap. Still in the process of collecting parts for the initial swap (K-member, shorty headers, flywheel, ect ect) at the moment & will try to keep everyone posted when I start the swap.

·
Administrator
19,785 Posts
Sounds very interesting at the least. You might want to start a build thread in the build section. Or here, as you like.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going to be driving from the rear seat? That's a looonnnggg engine!
Lol it’ll squeeze in... barely.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds very interesting at the least. You might want to start a build thread in the build section. Or here, as you like.
Yeah I wanted to do something different from what everyone else does. I’m planning on a build thread when I start just not sure if I’ll use this thread or start one in the build section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts