Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone dealt with any of the rebuilders who sell complete 9 inch third members? I would like to put a traction lok in my car and would rather buy an entire unit than piece one together from the yard. Anybody bought from these guys, there are several sellers specializing in Ford diffs.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I bought a rebuilt 3rd member from one of our VMF members. His user name is DENVER. That was way back in 2002. That was my favorite 3rd member ever. Handled my supercharged 289.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Denver built mine as well. Working great so far.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Stay away from the converted open carriers with the "torqe lock".

·
Registered
507 Posts
go to your local auto parts swap meet, and look for your vendors. there were three or four vendors there, all w/ a shop located w/in 50 miles of the show. it's nice to have someone near if there's problem with the unit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought all my parts from Brydon at Quick Performance Parts (641-751-8060). Here is one of his auctions on ebay - item# 230193936640. He is great to deal with and delivers great customer service. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts