Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked. I have done multiple searches and didn't find what I was looking for. When doing the 9"/inch (for newbies doing searches) swap, what are all the parts needed? What do you think of the parts from Perogie? Since the centersection can pretty much be customized, what would be the best set up?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
The set up will depend alot on what you have for a motor and what you pland to do with it. A posi is always a must.

If you have an 8 inch rear now you can use your brake and axles in the 9 inch housing if the 9 inch housing is for your year car. Then you will need a third member as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the car yet. I'm actually planning on buying it next summer. I am trying to do as much research as possible before then. I am looking at having a daily driver, and the drags a few times a year, with a 351W with about 400 hp.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think a good bet is finding a

9" rear from a granada/monarch.

You can educate yourself some at www.ultrastang.com

If you have a 65/66 , then a company is making reproduction 9" housing, like in 65/66 hi po cars.
I can't remember the company. I know someone here has their own web page detailing the process.

Anybody remember who makes that repro 65/66 hi po housing??

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I found the URL on another computer. Here it is:
DB094 9" REAR END HOUSING (fits '65-'66 Mustang, '64-'65 Falcon) $299.00

http://www.deltabaymustang.com/high.htm

It will also "fit" other year mustangs. You need to look at 2 main things.

Overall length.
Perch width.

For example. The 68 housing is overall wider than the 65/66. However, to run larger tires, I could either
A. "Shorten" my existing housing.
B. OR get a 65/66 housing, that is slightly shorter.

Because the perch widths are the same regardless of year, they will work.

You could do the following to piece together a really nice rear with disc brakes.

The repro 9" rear mentioned above.
The www.ultrastang.com Mark VII brake setup.
The center section of your choice.

I am doing the same 3 steps, except I'm planning on using a granada rear instead of the repro mentioned above.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts