Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question....Someone told me that the motor mounts are the same for pre'73 cleveland engines and the 94 EFI. Is this true? I'm contemplating trading a puppy and $500.00 for a 94 5.0 HO mustang engine and tranny and wonder how much hassle will be involved with the transplant....Not worried about wiring too much...will probably farm that off to a professional! n Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I believe the mounts are the same. The swap should be easy. Are you installing all of the fuel injection and running the 94 pulley set up?

G

·
0 Posts
The mounts on your Clev. will bolt right up to the 302 block and put the motor where it should be. You would have to get headers to make it fit, and not sure on the 94 Intake if it fits, unless you are going to rip the EFI off and toss on a carb.....

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
If you are going to run the fuel injection, MAKE SURE THE COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING ELSE comes with the engine and tranny..... without that your SOL.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys...We are taking EVERYTHING out of the donor car from the engine bay out to the wiring to the taillights just in case. Looking forward to the swap!! You bet I'll be back for more questions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts