Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it appears that the starter that I thought was correct, was not. I bought a new one today and my car has been started for the first time. Someone had mentioned that having two soleniods would cause the starter to stay engaged alittle to long. It does stay engaged so I will wire it up with only one soleniod. It has finally been a good day except for the shooting flames, but that's another story.

·
Premium Member
19,212 Posts
Aw, C'mon, Man! You can't leave us hanging with an ending line of:

It has finally been a good day except for the shooting flames, but that's another story.

Spill the beans!

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wondered if anyone would ask. It was just your normal get the car started flame shooting carb which could have been worse because the used carb I bought has a leak. it would have been very bad to burn my fully restored fastback that i haven't even driven yet.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I installed one of those Ford Motorsports mini-hi torque starters on the Fastback. The instructions said to include the original solenoid in the circuit which is used to trigger the one thats mounted on the starter. I was glad to do this as I wanted to keep the original wiring and appearance of the engine compartment. Everything works perfectly. Since the high current wire from the solenoid to the starter is "hot" all the time now, Ford supplies the plastic wire cover/guard to ensure that it doesn't rub on anything and get grounded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts