Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought of, or tried this? I've been thinking about doing a custom dash. I know I would have to cut the dash, sorry everybody. I bought a 95 cluster for $30, but it didn't come with any wires, so I don't even understand how they connect. I talked to a Ford guy awhile back and he said that as long as I get different sending units, that it could work. He also said that the fuel gauge might not work. Does anybody have the wiring diagrams for a 67 or 95 cluster? I will probably post for some info on the 95 cluster on stangnet.com, but wanted to pick your brains here first. If anybody has any input, pics, diagrams, websites with info...I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any help,
Matt

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Isn't the speedo in the '95 electronic? You'll need to swap the cable for a speed sensor on the trans if it is. I think the tach takes its signal directly from the computer, I'm not sure what it would take to drive the tach but I don't think it works off the coil like the '67 factory tach would.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I think they are and if that is the case, grabbing the speed sensor for a '95 (and later) should do the trick.

If there's a will, there's a way. *G*

Dean T

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
you will have to do a complete wring job on the cluster. the tach signal, I believe is a digital sign wave & you will be out of luck wit hthat unless you A) install a computer driven engine or B) install a standard tach into the cluster.
the fuel gauge has all sorts of fun stuff, an anti slosh regulator(stops thegauge from bouncing from full to empty whle the gas in the tank thrashes about) well keep us informed & documant & photograph often

1 - 4 of 4 Posts