Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have come across this motor and trans for sale how much should i offer here is the ad mustang engine 32v
Ford '96 Cobra engine/box
Alloy block and heads, comes complete with injection system, cpu and wiring, mass air meter and filter, flywheel and clutch, starter motor and alterntor, Borg-warner T45 box.
best offer welcome! will not split.----im thinkin of a restomod sometime in the future a high tech 67/8 coupe.regards javed

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd quickly lay out 5,000 for a find like that, if in good running condition. The mos't I would pay is probly 6500. Good luck.

Max Kern

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Not sure about the price, anyway to confirm the condition of the motor and trans? Do you know enough about EFI to confirm you will have all of the required parts to get the fuel injection working? Would be a really cool project. You might want to check out www.dvsrestorations.com on their converison kit. Good luck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I would keep in mind the enormous engine compartment modifications that will be required to fit a 4.6 into an early Mustang. This has been done before (as seen in magazines) and extensive modifications to the point of moving the firewall back, modifying or eliminating the shock towers, etc is required. I would personally rather see a stroked 351 (ie 408 or 427) in your restomod plans or if you like the looks of a big block, it is still a bolt in affair in the 67/8 engine compartment. I think with the cost of the engine and all the mods required to fit it in, you are looking well in excess of 10k in parts and labor.....

randy

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Hear in this weeks Sunday adds is the exact same thing you had come across. Hes asking $4500 or best offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts