Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know this isn't a vintage mustang but I found a 1999 GT, 35th anniversary car. It has automatic, all power, leather seats etc...... 31,000 miles for only $11,500. I haven't seen it but the guy says it's in great shape. I'm always skeptical of a deal that sounds too good to be true. The problem is that it's a 3 hour drive each way to see it. Do you guys think it's worth the drive to check it out? I'm not even sure what to check on a car this new besides appearances and whether or not it starts. :) This would sure be a sweet car to get me by until i get my '65 fastback cherried out.
Thanks.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That's a good (Actually GREAT) deal on a 99 GT. The 2000's are going for 20-22K, just to give you a feel for value. Don't pass on it if it's a legitimate car.

JJ
69 Fastback 302 2v 3sp. trans.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1605599&a=12251632&p=44630868&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,
Thanks for the responses. I was also worried about the car having a salvage title. I'm going to call the guy again this afternoon and make him assure me that it has a good title before driving clear over there to look it over. Wish me luck.

G

·
0 Posts
you may want to contact your local DMV office and inquire about damage disclosure statements. Here in NC, the law requires that a car 5 years old or less has to have a damage disclosure statement from the seller. In other words... by LAW, they have to tell you if there was any damage to the car. Also, here in NC we have odometer disclosure on cars 10 years and newer.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Charles,
Thanks for the response. I talked to the guy and got the vin #. He said on his title it said "damage disclosure". So, I ran a Carfax check on the vin # and the report said it had a "damage disclosure title" Better than a salvage title. He told me on the phone that when he bought it that the fender had damage and that he replaced the fender and headlight. He said there was no other damage. If this is true I would think this is a good deal. Can you get the title changed to a clean title after fixing the damage? I'll be getting a new title. The car is in Oregon and I'm in Washington. A friend of mine that owns a body and fender shop thought the new title wouldn't have any thing on it about the damage if it's fixed. He also said that I'd have to have the car checked to get a new title. I still think I'm going to try to look at it tomorrow and see if I find any other damage. If not, I may buy it. Thanks for all your help. I really do appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts